爱上海,上海龙凤419,上海419论坛 – Powered by Coral Miller!

Galaxy release Aleksandar Katai in wake of wife’s ‘racist and violent’ Instagram posts

Posted on by

first_imgA post shared by Aleksandar Katai (@aleksandarkatai) on Jun 3, 2020 at 7:59pm PDTThe club also stated that team would hold a meeting with Katai to discuss that incident, eventually revealing Friday that the two sides have agreed to part ways.”The LA Galaxy have mutually agreed to part ways with midfielder Aleksandar Katai,” read the entirety of the club’s statement on Katai’s departure. View this post on Instagram In response to those demonstrations, Tea posted in her native Serbian with stories calling for the killing of protestors, who she referred to as “disgusting cattle,” according to the Associated Press.The Galaxy put out a statement soon after, condemning Tea’s comments while reiterating that the club “stands firmly against racism of any kind, including that which suggests violence or seeks to demean the efforts of those in pursuit of racial equality.”A statement from the LA Galaxy on Tea Katai. pic.twitter.com/tfGDMUomIo— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy) June 4, 2020Katai, meanwhile, condemned his wife’s posts in his own Instagram post on Wednesday.”These views are not ones that I share and are not tolerated in my family,” Katai said. The LA Galaxy confirmed on Friday that the club has parted ways with Aleksandar Katai in the aftermath of his wife’s “racist and violent” posts on Instagram.Katai’s wife, Tea, took to social media earlier this week to post a series of now-deleted Instagram stories in the wake of ongoing protests in the U.S. in response to the death of George Floyd. Protests have occurred in all 50 states, as well as a number of countries all over the world, with demonstrators calling for an end to racial inequality and police brutality. Katai joined the Galaxy in September after spending two seasons in MLS as a member of the Chicago Fire. During his time in Chicago, Katai scored 18 goals across 64 matches, with 12 of those goals coming in his first season in MLS. Katai had featured in both of the Galaxy’s MLS matches before the league was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic, starting both games while featuring for a total of 117 minutes.Internationally, Katai has featured for Serbia nine times, with three of those appearances coming in 2019. He was the Serbian SuperLiga’s top scorer in 2015-16 as a member of Red Stare Belgrade, having scored 23 goals that campaign.In addition, Katai has featured for Alaves while also having a spell at Olympiacos, although he never appeared for the Greek club as he departed on a series of loan spells.last_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Police ask for public’s help identifying suspects after car theft in Mason City Monday

Posted on by

first_imgMASON CITY — Mason City police are continuing to ask for the public’s help in identifying two suspects from a car theft on Monday.The Police Department’s Mike McKelvey says at around 11 o’clock on Monday morning, a car was stolen from a convenience store parking lot at 1st and North Monroe, with the owner of the car leaving their keys in the unlocked and unattended car in the lot for several minutes.A male and female who were captured on a security camera were inside the store with two young children prior to the theft. After purchasing some inexpensive items, the male exited the store and allegedly drove away alone in the car without the owner’s consent. The car was found a short time later abandoned in the 1200 block of North Washington.McKelvey says anyone who recognizes the male or female or knows their whereabouts is asked to contact the Mason City Police Department at 641-421-3636.last_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Alliant Energy has some tips to reduce energy usage during heat

Posted on by

first_imgMASON CITY — Air conditioners will get a workout the next few days with Excessive Heat Warnings and Heat Advisories out for much of the state.Alliant Energy spokesman Mike Wagner says customers may want to try to plan ahead wisely to avoid sticker shock when their bill comes next month. “If you look at the forecast for the next couple days, the high and the low are really close to each other. In that overnight, your air conditioner is not going to get a break, these machines are to be running in a pretty long cycle here for the next couple days. We think it’s important for customers to recognize that and then also try to look for ways to control their energy use so they will get a big surprise in August when their bills come and they’re surprised at the amount of energy they’re using.”Wagner says you should make sure that your air conditioner has had a tune-up recently. – “A friend of mine was having problems with their air conditioner and found out that it was down to about 20% coolant. They had a service tech come out, clean it, do the service on the machine but also add more coolant, and then the machine was working much more efficiently, it wasn’t running as often and was cooling at a much better rate. There’s other things too like making sure you have a clean filter inside and out. You want to do everything you can to not restrict air flow.”Wagner says there’s other alternatives you can think about to reduce the strain on your air conditioner.  “Use your ceiling fans, use box fans, but I use those to cool you and the people in the room. Think of it kind of like using those fans as creating your own wind chill. I don’t know if I’d necessarily rely on them to circulate air around the house, but to have that cooler air blowing on you helps cool you down, and also allows you to maybe turn the temperature in your thermostat up a couple degrees so that you don’t necessarily need to have your air conditioner working quite so hard.”Wagner says this is not the time to use your oven a lot.  “This is a great time to turn your oven off. Use the stove top if you need to, use a toaster oven, Crock-Pots, instant pots are really popular. I can find an excuse to grill just about anything. You don’t want to turn the oven on. This is not really the time during the heat wave here to start baking a cake or maybe put a pizza in the oven if you don’t need to,  because those are things in your air conditioner has to compete with.” For more energy-saving tips, click herelast_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

DOT moving ahead with road construction

Posted on by

first_imgDES MOINES — The director of the Iowa Department of Transportation says they are moving ahead with road construction projects as the weather allows.Scott Marler told the Transportation Commission Monday that he’s been talking with the asphalt and concrete companies and engineers.“We had a meeting with these folks to make sure that our road construction program is continuing, and we assured them that is our intent,” Marler says. He says traffic volume is down with the coronavirus emergency orders in place, and they are looking at how that can help them.“We’ve been talking about how to take advantage of the lower traffic volumes to do lane closures more efficiently,” he says. Marler says more than 70% of DOT employees are telecommuting. “Essentially we are open for business and we are continuing to get our work done and develop our projects and prepare for lettings,” according to Marler.The DOT’s Stuart Anderson gave the Transportation Commission an update on the federal recovery funds. “Transit agencies and intercity bus carriers that serve rural communities in Iowa are being allocated over 107 million dollars,” Anderson says. “Some of that flows directly to the larger transit agencies, other portions of that funding flows through the Iowa DOT and on to public transit agencies,” Anderson says.He says the funding will help the systems that have been hit by a drop in riders since the coronavirus outbreak. “That funding is very flexible and is 100 percent federal funding and is available until expended. We will be working very closely with the transit agencies to get that money to work,” he says.last_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Iowa businesses may reopen at 100% capacity

Posted on by

first_imgDES MOINES — Governor Kim Reynolds says COVID-19 trends in Iowa are on the downward slope and she will be lift the 50 percent capacity limits she ordered Iowa businesses to follow last month amid the pandemic.“Eliminating the capacity restrictions will allow businesses the flexibility to adjust their specific operations accordingly to best meet the needs of their employees and customers,” Reynolds says. Starting Friday at 8 a.m., Iowa businesses may open at full capacity, although Reynolds is asking certain businesses like restaurants, bars and movie theaters to ensure customers and employees maintain the recommended six-feet of social distancing to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.Reynolds says the hospitalization rate has declined month to month, from a high of 417 to 245 patients in the hospital today for treatment of the virus.  “These changes are the result of the positive forward momentum that we’re generating in Iowa and we must keep it going,” Reynolds says. “We know that COVID-19 will remain in our communities for a while, but we also know what we can do to effectively mitigate and manage and contain it while we safely and responsibly move forward with life.”Reynolds previously allowed swimming pools to reopen just for swimming laps, but starting Friday pools may be open to all swimmers. Senior centers and adult day care programs may also reopen Friday, but the governor cautions they must follow Department of Public Health guidelines for operating during the pandemic.last_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Cameroon athletes vanish from Commonwealth Games

Posted on by

first_imgGold Coast, Australia | AFP | A total of eight athletes from conflict-hit Cameroon are now missing from the Commonwealth Games in Australia, team officials said Wednesday.Three weightlifters and two boxers were initially reported to Australian police after not being seen since Tuesday, triggering suspicion they had fled with no intention of returning to Cameroon.Cameroon press attache Simon Molombe told AFP the number of missing athletes had risen to eight — one third of the country’s 24-strong team.“It came as a complete surprise,” he said. “We have no idea where they are. The matter is in the hands of the police.“There were no worries this kind of thing might happen,” he insisted. “We continue to cooperate with the police.”Australian Border Force were searching for weightlifters Olivier Matam Matam, Arcangeline Fouodji and Petit David Minkoumba and boxers Ndzie Tchoyi and Simplice Fotsala after they apparently fled.Three more boxers have since vanished, sparking an Australian Border Force manhunt.Cameroon team manager Victor Agbor Nso told local media he had been in contact with the police.Commonwealth Games organisers called for competitors to respect the law, mindful of the fact that more than 100 athletes overstayed their visas at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. “We would appreciate them sticking within the law, enjoying themselves, but sticking within the law,” organising committee boss Peter Beattie told reporters.“That includes Cameroon and any other athletes. And if they are thinking of doing anything other, I would encourage them not to.”Before the Games opened on April 4, Australia’s Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton warned that athletes would be closely monitored to ensure they did not overstay their visas and that they returned home after competition ended.“It’s obviously disappointing that some athletes who have come to compete, didn’t compete as scheduled,” said Commonwealth Games Federation chief executive David Grevemberg.“It’s important to remember that these athletes are guests here in Australia at this time, they are still within their visas, they have a right to travel freely,” he added.“But this is obviously an issue that Team Cameroon is monitoring very, very closely.“Until it becomes a real issue in terms of visas and so forth we would obviously have to take that very seriously.”Cameroon, in central Africa, is suffering from civil unrest after a military crackdown on English-speaking separatists.Share on: WhatsApplast_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .

Messi and Aguero in Argentina Copa America squad

Posted on by

first_imgMessi is backBuenos Aires, Argentina | AFP | Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi and the returning Sergio Aguero headed the 23-man Copa America squad announced by Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni on Tuesday.Paris Saint Germain winger Angel Di Maria was also included but there was no place for striker Gonzalo Higuain, who is on loan at Chelsea from Juventus.“These are the best players in an important time for the national team,” said Scaloni ahead of the tournament hosted by Brazil, which begins on June 14.Argentina will play in Group B alongside Colombia, Paraguay and guests Qatar, the 2022 World Cup hosts and current Asian champions.Messi, who only returned to the Argentina squad in March after an eight-month absence following the World Cup in Russia, will turn 32 during the competition.Di Maria, like Messi, made his post-World Cup return in March ahead of friendlies against Venezuela and Morocco, but Manchester City’s Aguero had not been called up since Argentina’s 4-3 last 16 defeat to eventual champions France in Russia.Another high-profile omission was Inter Milan forward Mauro Icardi, who has been left out of the Italian team’s line-up for the last two months over a dispute regarding a contract renewal. “Keeping everyone happy is difficult,” admitted Scaloni, who said he’d had “doubts right until the end” over the final squad make-up.Argentina have not won the Copa America, or any major international tournament, since 1993, losing in the final in four of the last five editions of the continental showpiece.Squad:Goalkeepers: Agustin Marchesin (America Mexico/MEX), Franco Armani (River Plate), Esteban Andrada (Boca Juniors)Defenders: German Pezzela (Fiorentina/ITA), Juan Foyth (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG), Nicolas Otamendi (Manchester City/ENG), Nicolas Tagliafico (Ajax/NED), Marcos Acuna (Sporting Lisbon/POR), Renzo Saravia (Racing Club), Ramiro Funes Mori (Villarreal/ESP), Milton Casco (River Plate)Midfielders: Leandro Paredes, Angel Di Maria (both Paris Saint-Germain/FRA), Guido Rodriguez (America Mexico/MEX), Giovani Lo Celso (Real Betis/ESP), Roberto Pereyra (Watford/ENG), Rodrigo De Paul (Udinese/ITA), Exequiel Palacios (River Plate)Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona/ESP), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City/ENG), Paulo Dybala (Juventus/ITA), Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan/ITA), Matias Suarez (River Plate)Share on: WhatsApplast_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .

Hummels rejoins Borussia Dortmund from Bayern

Posted on by

first_imgFILE PHOTO: Mats Hummels via @matshummelsBerlin, Germany | AFP | Bayern Munich confirmed on Wednesday that veteran defender Mats Hummels is to rejoin Borussia Dortmund, as Bayern continue to overhaul their squad ahead of next season.Bayern confirmed Hummel’s departure to AFP subsidiary SID on Wednesday afternoon, after German magazine Kicker reported that Dortmund had signed Hummels on a three-year deal for an estimated fee of 38 million euros ($43.6m).The 30-year-old defender twice won the Bundesliga title with Dortmund before joining Bayern for 35 million euros in 2016.He has since made 118 appearances for Bayern in the last three years, winning three Bundesliga titles and the domestic double in 2019.After Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Rafinha, Hummels is the latest senior player to leave Bayern in 2019.Despite solid performances in 2018/19, Hummels’ future in Munich was thrown into doubt after Bayern made two high-profile defensive signings as part of their major squad overhaul ahead of next season. The Munich giants signed Lucas Hernandez for a club record 80 million euros, as well as fellow French World Cup winner Benjamin Pavard for 35 million euros.Dortmund, meanwhile, have been on the lookout for an experienced defender after nervy performances at the back cost them crucial points in a nail-biting Bundesliga title race last season.Dortmund also appeared to confirm the transfer on Twitter, posting an emoji of a bumble bee, the German word for which is “Hummel”.*****URNShare on: WhatsApplast_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .

UPDF golfers finish 4th at World Military Games

Posted on by

first_imgLt. Flavia Namakula finished 7th best in the world. FILE PHOTO via @Philcorry1Wuhan, China | THE INDEPENDENT |  Lieutenant Flavia Namakula and Corporal Petra Nalwoga  missed a medal narrowly, finishing 4th overall at the 7th CISM Military World Games golf competition in China.Team Uganda had a joint score of  Brazil 703 strokes after four rounds of golf at end of Tuesday, coming behind bronze medal winners France with 606. Gold went to Brazil with 595, then the US silver with 605.In the individual event, five-time Uganda Ladies Open champion Lt. Namakula who carded 83, 77, 87 and 78 for a four round score of 325 (37 over par) finished 7th, with the Corporal Nalwoga finished 15th with a score of 378 (+90).She failed to defend her medal position, having won a bronze at the last games in 2015 in South Korea.Uganda entered a team of five, three golfers, a boxer and one track and fielder in the disabled division.The other Ugandan golfer Lance Corporal Richard Baguma came 30th out of 71 in the men’s event. Share on: WhatsApp In boxing, Corporal Abdul Ssebute was edged 3-2 in the Men’s Flyweight division by Myanmar’s  Maung Chit San.Reports indicate that L/CPL Sam Mubaje is in gold medal position in the Track and field competitions he has entered.The World Military Games will see competition in 31 disciplines (see full list here) including shooting, parachuting, military pentathlon, lifesaving, naval pentathlon, judo, diving, wrestling and taekwondo.OPENING CEREMONYlast_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .

78-year-old man arrested after fatally shooting a woman

Posted on by

first_imgA 78-year-old man is now facing murder charges after he fatally shot a 74-year-old woman before turning the gun on himself.The incident was reported around 8:30 am at a home in the 6800 block of Fairway Lakes Drive.The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office reported that when officials arrived at the home, the victim was already dead of an apparent gunshot wound.The suspect Morris Samit, suffered a non-fatal gunshot wound and was then taken to a hospital for treatment. Upon his release, Samit was then transported to a local jail where he was charged with homicide.While the victim’s family is aware of the incident, authorities are unable to publicly release her name because the family signed a form preventing the release of certain details in the case.last_img

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .