to go further MyanmarAsia – Pacific Condemning abusesProtecting journalistsOnline freedomsMedia independence Armed conflictsImprisonedInternetFreedom of expressionExiled mediaJudicial harassmentViolence MyanmarAsia – Pacific Condemning abusesProtecting journalistsOnline freedomsMedia independence Armed conflictsImprisonedInternetFreedom of expressionExiled mediaJudicial harassmentViolence Receive email alerts News Police fire tear gas as they attempt to disperse protesters taking part in a demonstration against the military coup in Yangon on February 27, 2021 (credit: AFP). RSF asks Germany to let Myanmar journalist Mratt Kyaw Thu apply for asylum Help by sharing this information Ten days after the information ministry told media to stop using the terms “junta” and “coup d’état” or face sanctions, the Myanmar Times suddenly suspended operations on 21 February “for three months,” according to the welcome message on its website. The website of the newspaper The Voice has not been updated since 1 March. March 25, 2021 Myanmar’s military junta eliminates independent media May 31, 2021 Find out more RSF_en Myanmar is ranked 139th out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2020 World Press Freedom Index. Thein Zaw, an Associated Press journalist held for more than three weeks, was finally released yesterday after charges were dropped against him. He had been violently arrested while photographing policemen during a demonstration on 27 February. Robert Bociaga, a Polish photo-journalist arrested nearly two weeks ago, was also released yesterday and is awaiting deportation. Thai premier, UN rapporteurs asked to prevent journalists being returned to Myanmar The military had to use stronger pressure to get two other newspapers, 7 Day News and Eleven, to stop publishing. It was only after the military authorities rescinded their licences on 8 March that they resigned themselves to stop publishing. The Eleven group nonetheless continues to post news on its website. “After targeting the newspapers, the military authorities led by Gen. Min Aung Hlaing are now blocking the digital domain in order to prevent Myanmar’s people from keeping informed about the military’s bloody crackdown on demonstrators. We urge them to immediately restore press freedom, restore Internet networks and stop targeting the journalists still daring to report in the field.” May 12, 2021 Find out more Hide or flee Last week, RSF referred the military crackdown on media and journalists to the UN special rapporteurs on the human rights situation in Myanmar and on the promotion and protection of the right to freedom of opinion and expression. US journalist held in Yangon prison notorious for torture May 26, 2021 Find out more Follow the news on Myanmar One of the two, BBC correspondent Aung Thura, was released on 22 March after three days of interrogation and sleep deprivation. Like other reporters, he had to sign an undertaking to stop covering the events taking place in Myanmar. The other, Mizzima News journalist Than Htike Aung, is still being held. Of the at least 45 journalists arrested since the coup, 25 have been released. The others are still held. Other journalists have been the targets of reprisals for covering the protests against the military government. Two were abducted on 19 March while following the trial of Win Htein, one of the leaders of the National League for Democracy (NLD), the party whose government was brought down by the coup. “The actions taken by the military junta to eliminate news pluralism and press freedom and to persecute those journalists trying against all odds to keep working have unfortunately succeeded and access to news and information has not been in such danger in Myanmar since its democratisation in 2011,” RSF editor-in-chief Pauline Adès-Mével said. There is no longer a free press in Myanmar. The only print media have been official newspapers controlled by the military since 17 March, after the last independent daily in circulation, The Standard Time (San Taw Chain in Burmese), took the same decision as its four rivals and suspended its print edition, citing distribution problems since the coup. Finally, the military authorities are now imposing drastic restrictions on access to the Internet, which was the only way to see reliable, independent reporting. Fixed-line Internet is disconnected every night, mobile Internet has been blocked for the past 11 days, and access to public Wi-Fi networks has been reduced for the past week, according to the Internet freedom watchdog NetBlocks. Organisation News access endangered The military authorities have meanwhile been carrying our raids and equipment seizures – on 8 March at the offices of the Myanmar Now news agency and then, the next day, at the offices of the Mizzima News multimedia news group and the Kamayut Media video news website. The latter’s licence was not rescinded but two of its executives, Nathan Maung and Han Thar Nyein, have been arrested, preventing it from continuing to operate. News The only solution envisaged by most journalists to avoid arrest and police violence is to hide or flee to the remotest regions. According to The Irrawaddy, hundreds of journalists have chosen one or other of these options and, despite all the problems, some are continuing to work. Others have fled to regions that are rebel strongholds, such as the eastern state of Karen. Reporters Without Borders (RSF) calls for the restoration of media pluralism and unrestricted Internet access in Myanmar, where the military, in the weeks since staging a coup d’état on 1 February, have reasserted full control over news and information – engineering the disappearance of the last independent newspapers and imposing tight curbs on online access. News News Legal proceedings were initiated against the online media The Irrawaddy on 14 March under article 505 (a) of the penal code. This article has often been used to convict journalists critical of the military but this is the first time that an entire news organisation has been targeted. Ten journalists are currently facing up to three years in prison for covering the street protests against the coup.
Subscribe Tagged with: Cash Sales Share CoreLogic distressed properties REO properties Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Related Articles A continuing decline in distressed inventory nationwide, particularly REO properties, has resulted in an accompanying continuing decline in the percentage of home sales that are all-cash transactions, according to data released Thursday by CoreLogic.At their peak in January 2011, cash sales accounted for nearly half of all residential home sales in the United States (46.5 percent). Since then, that percentage has steadily declined; in August 2015, it was reported at 31.7 percent, less than one-third of all home sales—a decline of more than 3 percentage points from August 2014, when it was 34.9 percent.As has been the historical trend, REO sales made up the largest share of cash transactions at 57.9 percent in August 2015, followed by resales (31.1 percent), short sales (29 percent), and new home sales (15.5 percent). Despite comprising more than half of all cash home sales, REO’s share of all residential home sales remained low in August at 6 percent—about one-quarter off of their peak in January 2011, when they accounted for about 23.9 percent of all home sales. Resales account for about 82 percent of all home sales and have the largest impact on the total cash sales share, according to CoreLogic.”Distressed sales (REO and short sales) typically sell at a price discount, with REO selling at the steeper discount,” CoreLogic Chief Economist Frank Nothaft said. “The discounts are attractive to investors, who can buy with less cash than if the house sold at full/market price, as would generally be the case with a resale or new construction. Thus, the drop in REO sales is a primary cause of the declining cash share.”Investors typically make up the largest share of all-cash buyers, but their share of all home sales is also declining.“It’s also true that investors are buying a smaller share of all homes, but that may be related to the decline in REO inventory on the for-sale market,” Nothaft said.CoreLogic estimates that if the cash sales share continues its rate of decline experienced in August 2015, it will be back to its “normal” pre-crisis average of 25 percent by the middle of 2017.Despite the consistently declining cash sales share nationwide, the share remains high in some states—in the case of Alabama, the cash sales share was higher than the nationwide January 2011 peak with 47.6 percent in August 2015. Florida (45.2 percent), New York (42.4 percent), West Virginia (39.5 percent), and Missouri (39.5 percent). In some of the nation’s largest metro areas, the cash sales share was more than half: Miami (51.7 percent) had the highest, followed by Philadelphia (51 percent), West Palm Beach (50.8 percent), North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida (48.5 percent), and Fort Lauderdale (47.7 percent). Cash Sales Share CoreLogic distressed properties REO properties 2015-11-19 Brian Honea The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Brian Honea’s writing and editing career spans nearly two decades across many forms of media. He served as sports editor for two suburban newspaper chains in the DFW area and has freelanced for such publications as the Yahoo! Contributor Network, Dallas Home Improvement magazine, and the Dallas Morning News. He has written four non-fiction sports books, the latest of which, The Life of Coach Chuck Curtis, was published by the TCU Press in December 2014. A lifelong Texan, Brian received his master’s degree from Amberton University in Garland. Shrinking REO Inventory Drives Down Cash Sales Share About Author: Brian Honea Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, News, REO Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Print This Post The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Sign up for DS News Daily Home / Daily Dose / Shrinking REO Inventory Drives Down Cash Sales Share Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago November 19, 2015 1,368 Views Share Save The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Previous: Fannie Mae Forecasts Economic Growth Despite Global Headwinds Next: Senator Bob Menendez Wants Answers From FHFA Director Watt
Posted in iesoajqmTagged: 上海2021新茶, 上海2021新茶500左右, 上海今日浪莎重新开业了吗, 上海各大微信群, 太原加微信约200一晚, 如何在微信中找卖B的, 广佛街百花, 新上海龙凤对对碰, 杭州百花坊app, 爱上海 同城对对, 玩转魔都app安全吗, 美女微信电话联系方式, 苏州西环路粉玫瑰, 足浴店千万不要留有消费记录, 高端夜网 论坛.