爱上海,上海龙凤419,上海419论坛 – Powered by Coral Miller!

Shannon off to a flying start for the New Year.

Posted on by

first_imgPrint NewsTransportShannon off to a flying start for the New Year.By Staff Reporter – January 15, 2018 2298 Aer Lingus opt for Shannon New York winter route over Boston All set for Friday’s final Runway Run Facebook Linkedin Twitter Norwegian Air amends Irish-US schedules Email Advertisementcenter_img RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Keeping Norwegian in the Shannon picture are Erica, Rhea and Cian Murphy from Castletroy, Limerick.Photo: Diarmuid Greene. Norwegian Air International is to expand its Boston and New York services to Shannon this year giving it the largest number of flights to the United States in 17 years.The airline, which commenced services at Shannon in July last year, is to double its frequency from two to four flights a week on its service to Providence Green Airport, Rhode Island, just over one hour from Boston. In addition, it is adding an extra service to Stewart International Airport, Orange County – just 90 minutes from New York, increasing from two to three flights a week. The extra services will kick-in this coming March.Norwegian Chief Commercial Officer Thomas Ramdahl said: “Our new transatlantic routes from Ireland have made a strong start so we are delighted to add extra services at Shannon where our affordable flights to the US have proved particularly popular with passengers. These additional flights will give Irish passengers even more choice and are another important step in our plans for continued growth in Ireland.”Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Welcoming the announcement, Andrew Murphy, Shannon Airport Managing Director said: “This is excellent news for Shannon and excellent news for tourism on the Wild Atlantic Way and wider region that we serve. This announcement clearly demonstrates Norwegian’s commitment at Shannon and results in an increase of over 200% in capacity by the airline in 2018.”Norwegian Air International is to expand its Boston and New York services to Shannon for 2018Commenting on its significance, Matthew Thomas, CEO, Shannon Group said: “We are delighted that Norwegian has chosen to grow its passenger base at Shannon. This expansion further strengthens our long haul connectivity and Shannon’s position as a key transatlantic gateway.  We will now have our largest number of US services in over 17 years, which is fantastic for the wider region and for transatlantic aviation generally.  It also shows that the new model for low cost transatlantic flying is proving popular and complements our existing range of transatlantic carriers.“Shannon is the gateway airport to one of the most spectacular scenic regions in the world, the Wild Atlantic Way.  There’s a growing demand for this uniquely Irish tourism product and, as the key access airport to it across British, European and US markets, we’re doing all we can to ensure that we have the services here to meet the demand.”Said Declan Power, Head of Aviation Development at Shannon Airport: “We’ve always had confidence in our transatlantic offering and the decision by Norwegian is further validation of the demand for transatlantic services to Shannon and a clear endorsement of popularity and success of the these services. The increased capacity creates an unprecedented line-up from Shannon Airport, with six airlines operating 90 flights a week to seven destinations”Seats are on sale on at www.norwegian.com/ieMore transport news here. Ryanair: “We do not expect to operate flights during the months of April and May” TAGSAndrew MurphybostonDeclan PowerflightsMatthew Thomasnew yorkNorwegian Air InternationalShannon airportThomas Ramdahl Previous articleLimerick teacher will catch up on homework as Ireland captainNext article#BREAKING Limerick singer Dolores O’Riordan dies in London Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Shannon Airport’s 72 hours in the snow Shannon airport still fully operationallast_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Ocean City Wakes Up to Erosion, Flooding and a Big Cleanup

Posted on by

first_imgOcean City awoke Sunday to icy rivers running down the bayside avenues as a third high tide flooded streets.A snowman stands guard over the flooded public pier at Second Street and the bay on Sunday.But with the sun out, the tide falling and a massive coastal storm long gone, owners began a cleanup and an assessment of flood damage on ground-level property.A winter storm that arrived late Friday night caused the worst flooding Ocean City has seen since Superstorm Sandy, and the surge continued through three tide cycles. But the worst turned out to be the first._________Sign up for free news updates from OCNJ Daily._________The tide gauge at the Bayside Center reached 8.04 feet at 7:20 a.m. Saturday, 7.7 feet at 8:18 p.m. Saturday and 7.34 feet at 8:18 a.m. Sunday. The three tides were the worst since Superstorm Sandy registered a record 10.02 feet in Ocean City.Flood waters still cover most bayside streets on Sunday morning.While a blizzard dumped deep snow on many inland areas, Ocean City dealt with flooding that covered most streets on the bay side of town throughout Saturday.Even on Sunday morning, long stretches of Haven and Simpson avenues remained underwater, along with parts of Bay and West avenues.Few people took advantage of a voluntary shelter set up at Ocean City High School as most rode out the storm at home. But as the flood waters recede, owners will begin to see what kind of damage is left behind.One of the city’s military surplus vehicles capable of driving through flood waters drives past the flooded intersection of 11th Street and Bay Avenue on Sunday morning.In a scene reminiscent of the October northeast gale that eroded dunes at Fifth and Sixth streets, the ocean on Sunday morning ate into the dunes again. A massive Army Corps of Engineers beach replenishment project to restore dunes and beaches along that stretch was just completed in December.But that stretch appeared to be the only place on the island where the ocean reached the dunes. Recent beach projects at the north and south ends will have lost sand, but they achieved their objective in protecting property.The Army Corps is scheduled to return to the south end for a touch-up project later this winter.Surfers check out the fortunes of a few brave souls who were the first to venture out into double-overhead surf on Sunday morning.The 59th Street jetty makes a reappearance after the weekend storm. It had been mostly buried by a recent beach replenishment project. The storm knocked down sand fence and ate into the dunes at Fifth Street.last_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .