160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Disgraced Democratic fundraiser Norman Hsu was a wanted man again after he failed to show up for a court date Wednesday and a judge issued a new warrant for his arrest. Hsu, whose criminal past has roiled the campaigns of top presidential candidates, was scheduled to ask a judge to cut in half the $2 million bail he posted when he turned himself in last week after spending 15 years on the lam from a felony theft conviction. Instead, San Mateo Superior Court Judge Robert Foiles ordered Hsu’s bail forfeited to the county and issued a new arrest warrant. If Hsu is arrested again, he will be jailed without bail. Hsu, a Hong Kong native, was also supposed to turn over his passport Wednesday. His prominent Silicon Valley criminal defense attorney, Jim Brosnahan, said Hsu failed to give the passport to the legal team Monday. “Mr. Hsu is not here, and we do not know where Mr. Hsu is,” Brosnahan said outside court. Brosnahan said “there was some contact” with Hsu a few hours before the scheduled 9 a.m. court appearance, but he declined to say how the contact occurred or who talked with Hsu. Hsu pleaded no contest in 1991 to a felony count of grand theft, admitting that he’d defrauded investors of $1 million after falsely claiming to have contracts to purchase and sell latex gloves. He was facing up to three years in prison when he skipped town before his 1992 sentencing date. Prosecutors said they suspected that Hsu fled the country then. But a few years ago, he re-emerged in New York as an apparel executive and a wealthy benefactor of Democratic causes and candidates. Among them was Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, whose presidential campaign designated Hsu a “HillRaiser” – a title given to top donors. Presidential contender Barack Obama also received contributions from Hsu for his 2004 Senate campaign. Brosnahan said he didn’t know whether Hsu returned to his Manhattan condominium or stayed in California after his five-hour jail stint Friday when Hsu turned himself in.
Donegal Sinn Fein member John Downey to stand trial over IRA Hyde Park bomb murdersA LEADING Donegal Sinn Fein member was told on Wednesday that he is to stand trial charged with murdering four soldiers in the 1982 Hyde Park IRA bomb.John Downey will go before the Old Bailey court in London in November to stand trial. The 61-year-old, from Carrigart, was arrested at Gatwick airport in London last month after stepping off a plane.It is claimed he was behind the attack which killed Roy Bright, Dennis Daly, Simon Tipper, and Geoffrey Young as they rode through the park to the changing of the guard.The explosion also killed seven horses and injured other members of the Royal Household Cavalry.They were travelling from their barracks to Buckingham Palace when the bomb went off.Downey is charged with four counts of murder and intending to cause an explosion likely to endanger life.On Wednesday, he appeared via video-link for the preliminary hearing.Downey, who was wearing a white short-sleeved shirt, spoke only to confirm his name.Mr Justice Sweeney set the provisional trial date for November 18, and told Downey he would appear in court again in September.The arrest of Downey provoked a strong reaction from Sinn Fein who called for his immediate release.Donegal County Council passed a motion recently calling for him to be set free immediatlely.In the North, Sinn Féin Assembly member Gerry Kelly said Sinn Féin member Downey was a “long-time supporter of the Peace Process” and should be released.Gerry Kelly added: “The decision to arrest and charge him in relation to IRA activities in the early 1980s is vindictive, unnecessary and unhelpful.“It will cause anger within the republican community.“Clearly, if John Downey had been arrested and convicted previously he would have been released under the terms of the Good Friday Agreement.“As part of the Weston Park negotiation, the British Government committed to resolving the position of OTRs [‘On the Runs’].“John Downey received a letter from the NIO in 2007 stating that he was not wanted by the PSNI or any British police force.“Despite travelling to England on many occasions, now – six years on – he finds himself before the courts on these historic charges.“This development represents bad faith and a departure from what was previously agreed by both governments.“John Downey needs to be released and allowed to return home to his family.”DONEGAL SINN FEIN MAN TO STAND TRIAL OVER IRA HYDE PARK BOMB MURDERS was last modified: June 5th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CarrigartCO CAVANDONEGAL SINN FEIN MAN TO STAND TRIAL OVER IRA HYDE PARK BOMB MURDERSGERRY KELLY MLAJOHN ANTHONY DOWNEYLondonOld Bailey
Posted in mynutjobTagged: 2019上海有花头的浴场, 2019年上海水磨, 上海夜网YL, 上海楼凤VI, 北京品茶kb, 南京桑拿攻略体验, 夜上海论坛ZY, 爱上海AI, 爱上海PS, 花桥kb名店.