Posted by Share Tags: Hurricane Willa, Puerto Vallarta PUERTO VALLARTA — Following the passage of Hurricane Willa earlier this week, Puerto Vallarta has announced that operations are returning to normal.After an extensive evaluation of the city by the Civil Protection and Fire Department, it was determined that the risk of storm surges and winds has been significantly decreased, and that Puerto Vallarta’s tourism infrastructure was left with no major damage. This includes: Licendiado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport, which has remained open; trans-national roads; and the marina, cruise port, and Pier Los Muertos, which provides access to areas south of Puerto Vallarta such as Yelapa.City services will also be back to normal, including schools and garbage collection. Cleaning crews and public works and public services personnel have begun clearing debris left by high winds and waves.According to Adrian Bobadilla, head of Civil Protection and Puerto Vallarta’s Fire Department, a total of 587 tourists and 62 locals were housed in city shelters because they were in high-risk areas, mostly around local bodies of water. He also mentioned that many locals opted to stay with family members while some hotels conducted voluntary evacuations according to their own contingency plans.More news: Honolulu authorities investigate arsons at 3 Waikiki hotels; no injuries reportedHurricane Willa briefly reached Category 5 strength on Monday, with winds of 260 kph, before weakening to Category 4. Officials said up to 8,000 people were evacuated from low-lying areas, mostly in Sinaloa state. Friday, October 26, 2018 Travelweek Group No major damage after Willa, says Puerto Vallarta << Previous PostNext Post >>
Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.J Tapping into the growing Asia market, Tourism Australia has teamed up with Qantas subsidiary, Jetstar to expand the Aussie brand in the Asia Pacific region.The three year, $10 million agreement signed yesterday will see the two Groups invest up to $1.6 million per year in joint marketing, digital and social media activities targeted towards attracting travellers in Japan, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and New Zealand.Spending the first $2 million on rebuilding Australia’s Japan based arrivals, Tourism Australia managing director Andrew McEvoy said the deal was an ongoing focus on Asia and was a new approach targeting Japanese travellers.Currently Australia’s fifth largest source market, the two Groups said by promoting Aus’ attractiveness as a destination they hope push Japan travellers up to second place in Australia’s top arrivals list.”Jetstar broke the mould in the Japan market with the launch of their low fare operations to Australia in 2007, which stimulated a new generation of travellers to visit Australia,” Mr McEvoy explained.“With Jetstar Japan launching domestic services within the world’s third largest economy in 2012, Australia will become more accessible than ever to holidaymakers from some of Japan’s key cities.”Tourism Australia said in an online statement that the Group aims to building Japanese spending from AU$1.5 billion in 2010 to AU$2.7 billion and AU$3.3 billion by 2020.Jetstar Group chief executive Bruce Buchanan explained that achieving goals would mean transforming Aussie’s appeal into actual bookings down under.“This new strategic alliance will be a hugely important platform from which to take our marketing message further into Asia, and on the back of significant increases in aviation capacity,” Mr McEvoy said.According to Tourism Australia figures, Aus welcomed up to 350,000 Japanese visitors for the year ending August 2011, 11 percent less than the previous 12 months.
Posted in rbvgptamTagged: 上海419论坛LZ, 上海千花网NE, 上海千花网WB, 上海夜网TD, 上海水磨会所HB, 南京夜网OT, 南京夜网PU, 娱乐地图AQ, 娱乐地图Y, 杭州桑拿OU, 贵族宝贝OG, 鸡西桑拿.