爱上海,上海龙凤419,上海419论坛 – Powered by Coral Miller!

Hardik Pandya apologises for misogynistic comments on Koffee with Karan: Got carried away

Posted on by

first_img India Today Web Desk SydneyJanuary 9, 2019UPDATED: January 9, 2019 14:59 IST Hardik Pandya took to social media to apologise for his comments on the show (Karan Johar Instagram)HIGHLIGHTSHardik Pandya came on the show with teammate and good friend KL RahulIt was the first time Karan Johar had hosted cricketers on his popular celebrity chat showPandya and Rahul are currently gearing up for the ODI series in Australia which will begin from January 12India all-rounder Hardik Pandya is in the eye of the storm after his appearance on the popular show Koffee with Karan on Sunday. Pandya was subjected to social media backlash after he made “misogynistic” and “sexist” remarks on Karan Johar’s celebrity chat show.Hardik Pandya came on the show with teammate and good friend KL Rahul as Karan Johar hosted cricketers on the show for the first time in its six-year history.But it was Pandya’s comments which drew a lot of criticism on social media after he boasted about things like not asking the names of women at parties, sending the same text to multiple women and watching them move on the dance among others.Pandya later took to social media to apologise for his comments and said that he “got a bit carried away” on the show.”After reflecting on my comments on Koffee with Karan, I would like to apologise to everyone concerned who I may have hurt in any way.”Honestly, I got a bit carried away with the nature of the show. In no way did I mean to disrespect or hurt anyone’s sentiments. Respect,” Pandya posted on Twitter.pic.twitter.com/O0UlpFm43ohardik pandya (@hardikpandya7) January 9, 2019On the show, Hardik Pandya boasted about hooking up with multiple women and even spoke about how open he is with his parents. Hardik Pandya revealed that he even informed his parents that he lost his virginity by telling them, “Aaj mai kar ke aaya.””When I lost my virginity, I came home and said, ‘Main karke aya hai aaj (I had sex today)’. At a party my parents asked me ‘acha tera wala (women) kaun sa hai [who is your interest here?] so I said yeh, yeh, yeh (pointing out women)’ and they were like ‘waah proud of you beta’,” Pandya boasted.advertisementThe 25-year-old also said things like, “I like to watch and observe how they (women) move. I’m little from the black side so I need to see how they move,” when Karan Johar asked him why he doesn’t ask women for their names in nightclubs.Rahul then went on to reveal how they both decide on who gets to date a girl when Karan Johar asked them what happens when both of them like a particular person? “Upto the woman,” Rahul replied.But Pandya interrupted and said, “Nahi nahi aisa kuch nahi hai, talent pe hota hai. Jisko mila woh leke jao. It is on talent.”Pandya is currently with the Indian team in Australia where they just registered a historic Test series win, the first in India’s Test history Down Under.Hardik Pandya had joined the team before the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne after recovering from the long-standing back injury which he had suffered during the Asia Cup in UAE last year.HHe didn’t get to play any Tests but was a part of the Test squad which retained the Border-Gavaskar Trophy after winning the series 2-1, courtesy the victories in the Adelaide and Melbourne Tests.India lost the second Test in Perth while the fourth match ended in a draw due to the poor weather conditions in Sydney which prevented India from pushing for victory in the final Test.Hardik Pandya is now gearing up for the three-match ODI series against Australia which starts in January 12 in Sydney. The focus will then shift to New Zealand where India will play a series of 5 ODIs and 3 T20Is from January 23.Also Read | Kohli better batsman than Tendulkar but Dhoni better captain: Rahul, PandyaAlso Read | Virat Kohli needs to calm down and go on a holiday mode: KL RahulFor sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byrohan sen Tags :Follow Hardik PandyaFollow KL RahulFollow Koffee With Karan 6Follow Karan Johar Hardik Pandya apologises for misogynistic comments on Koffee with Karan: Got carried awayHardik Pandya and KL Rahul appeared on the latest episode of Karan Johar’s celebrity chat show Koffee with Karan where the two cricketers opened up about their relationships and partying habits.advertisementlast_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .

Hunger in Yemen WFP considers aid suspension in face of repeated interference

Posted on by

In a statement, Senior Spokesperson for the World Food Programme (WFP), Herve Verhoosel, said that after more than four years of brutal conflict between Houthis and a Government-led coalition for control of the country, “our greatest challenge does not come from the guns” but instead “the obstructive and uncooperative role of some of the Houthi leaders in areas under their control.”He said humanitarians working in Yemen were being denied access to the hungry, with aid convoys blocked, and local authorities interfering with who gets food.‘This has to stop’“There have been repeated obstacles placed in the way of our independent selection of beneficiaries…This phased suspension of WFP operations will be taken as a last resort – WFP’s Herve VerhooselHe said after repeated warnings to stop diverting food, progress with violators now needed to be made. “This phased suspension of WFP operations will be taken as a last resort and we will do everything within our powers to ensure that the weakest and most vulnerable – especially children – do not suffer.” He added that relief efforts which “directly target malnourished children and women will continue, in order to mitigate any regrettable impact that a partial suspension may have on their health and well-being. We owe this to the people of Yemen and our international donors who support our operation.”The Senior Spokesperson noted that some of the Houthi leaders had made “positive commitments” and were working closely with WFP to allow a “fully independent humanitarian process of selecting the most needy” to become a reality. But others had “unfortunately broken assurances they gave us”.He said a previous impasse with the Saudi-led coalition in 2017, had been successfully resolved over their refusal to allow new cranes and vital aid shipments into the crucial port of Hudaydah: “The coalition leaders listened and in time, the cranes were delivered, and the port was reopened to aid.”WFP still hopes that good sense will prevail and a suspension will not happen”, said Mr. Verhoosel. “The ultimate responsibility for the welfare of their people lies with the Yemeni leadership.  If WFP is allowed to deliver an operation that meets minimum international standards, we are still ready to play our part and to ensure a better future for the millions of Yemenis who are struggling to feed their families.”Around 360,000 children in Yemen are suffering severe acute malnutrition, and UN relief chief Mark Lowcock, told the Security Council last week that the “spectre of famine still looms”, with a resurgence of deadly cholera sickening 300,000 Yemenis this year alone. read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , .