爱上海,上海龙凤419,上海419论坛 – Powered by Coral Miller!

CDC Issues Travel Advisory For New York Tri-State Area

Posted on by

first_imgCutout Photo: chensiyuan / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 4.0NEW YORK – New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have been placed under a 14-day travel advisory in the latest effort by United States officials to slow down the rapid spread of the deadly coronavirus.More than 121,000 coronavirus cases have been reported in the US and more than half are in those states, according to a tally of cases reported by health officials.The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced the new travel advisory Saturday night, urging people in those states to “refrain from non-essential domestic travel” after President Donald Trump announced on Twitter he had asked for it.The CDC said this advisory does not apply to employees of critical infrastructure industries, including but not limited to trucking, public health professionals, financial services and food supply. Trump also said a quarantine would not be necessary in those states. Earlier on Saturday, Trump tweeted that he was considering a two-week quarantine due to the pandemic, even though the governors of New York Connecticut and New Jersey were unaware of the possibility.In an interview over the weekend, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said a quarantine “would be chaos and mayhem.”“It’s totally opposite everything he’s been saying. I don’t think it is plausible. I don’t think it is legal.”In the past days, federal and state authorities have been scrambling to slow down the spread of the deadly virus. The US surpassed Italy and China this week to become the country with the most coronavirus cases in the world.At least 121,285 people in the US have contracted the virus since the first case was reported in late January. The death toll has reached 2,043, doubling in the last two days. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .

Michigan Legislators Move to Slow Growth of Renewables, End State Energy-Efficiency Program

Posted on by

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Andy Balaskovitz for Midwest Energy News:Driven by Republican support, Michigan lawmakers advanced a pair of comprehensive energy bills Wednesday that seek to put more restrictions on the state’s electric choice program and limit clean energy standards.SB 438, which passed the Senate Energy and Technology Committee 7-3 along party lines, would hold a 10 percent renewable energy standard “floor” going forward and phase out Michigan’s successful energy efficiency program by 2021. The bill establishes a 35 percent clean energy goal by 2025, which would include energy efficiency and an expanded definition of renewable energy to include incineration.Proposed amendments backed by Democrats to increase the state’s renewables portfolio standard to 15 percent and 20 percent failed, as did a proposal to extend the efficiency standard to 2025.“I think we missed a golden opportunity here to build on very successful 2008 energy legislation and bring more parties on board to build support,” said Sen. Hoon-Yung Hopgood.The bill does not, however, eliminate the state’s solar net metering program in favor of a “buy-all, sell-all” model where generators would buy their electricity from a utility and reimburse at roughly wholesale rates. That proposal originally drew fierce criticism from clean energy advocates. Though some changes were made for net metering provisions, existing participants would be grandfathered in under the existing system.SB 437 would maintain Michigan’s 10 percent cap on customers who can participate in electric choice, but place greater restrictions on alternative energy suppliers to provide capacity and on customers who participate.Full article: Michigan lawmakers advance bills to abandon clean energy standards Michigan Legislators Move to Slow Growth of Renewables, End State Energy-Efficiency Programlast_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .

Southeastern Indiana REMC members without power

Posted on by

first_imgOSGOOD, Ind. — Several Southeastern Indiana REMC members are without power Tuesday afternoon.A spokesperson said that Hoosier Energy lost a substation near Versailles and that knocked out power in the Osgood and Versailles area.Officials expect power to be restored by 4:00 PM.As of 12:00 Noon there were an estimated 1366 customers without power.last_img

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .