About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Bayern Munich chiefs Kovac, Salihamidzic concerned after Liverpool drawby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBayern Munich coach Niko Kovac believes getting Liverpool in the Champions League round of 16 is the toughest draw they could land.The Bundesliga champions will travel to Anfield for the first leg on February 19 with the second leg at the Allianz Arena on March 13.Kovac said, “Liverpool got to the final last year, they’re top of the Premier League and one of the favourites for the Champions League.“We’re FC Bayern München, though, and I’m sure Liverpool know they’ve got to come here to Munich for the second leg. The chances are 50-50. We’ll see what happens. I’m very confident we’ll get through.”Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic added: “They’re the team of the hour, they’re the league leaders in England.“They play good football, they’re very physical and they’re full of energy.“You need two good days. They were in the final last year, they’re a top side, it’s a tough one but these are the challenges that you look forward to as a player and that you have to overcome in your career.”Winger Arjen Robben was also gushing in his praise of Jurgen Klopp’s side.“It’s an epic match. Liverpool are a super team who have gone through a great development,” Robben told Bayern’s website.“They have big players, a lot of pace and creativity in attack and they’re a real unit. The atmosphere will be phenomenal. It’s just a great draw. It’s a dream for every player to be involved in a game like this.”However, Bayern keeper Manuel Neuer claimed that the Reds can still be “vulnerable” defensively having shipped seven goals in the group stage.“They’re having a very good season and we know they were in the Champions League final last year,” Neuer said.“They certainly won’t be delighted with the draw, either. They can counter quickly and they’re dangerous in front of goal, but they’re also vulnerable, as we’ve seen, and they’ll be up against a good Bayern attack.”
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say FC Sion attacker Fortune: Tough to turn down Mertesacker and Arsenalby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveFC Sion attacker Yassin Fortune has explained leaving Arsenal this summer.The 19 year-old rejected a new contract offer from the Gunners to sign permanently with the Swiss outfit.He told Foot Mercato: “Arsenal had offered to extend four years. But I started to join the pros. Arsenal is a great club, but I needed playing time. I had to play, and I preferred to leave. “It was difficult to stay at Arsenal in the sense that there were big names and a new coach (Unai Emery). I spoke with Per Mertesacker who made me a little hesitant.”He really wanted me to stay. But I felt that the best solution was to leave. At that time I did not yet have contact with Sion, but with other clubs. I was contacted by Sion fifteen days after my decision to leave. I had a preference to return to France but despite some contacts it is Sion who had my preference.”
Posted in yalkzuqiTagged: 上海419, 上海419论坛, 上海夜生活, 上海楼凤, 上海龙凤, 南京桑拿, 杭州桑拿论坛, 龙凤419.